Friday, January 11, 2013

SUN ’n FUN Releases Year-Round


SUN ’n FUN Releases Year-Round
Calendar of Events


SUN ’n FUN CAMPUS, LAKELAND, FL. – As SUN ’n FUN prepares for the world’s second largest aviation event held annually at the Lakeland Linder Regional Airport, a calendar of events showing the year-round presence of SUN ’n FUN in Lakeland, FL is being released.  Old and new fund-raising events created and held in 2012 will be repeated in 2013.

SUN ’n FUN is not only an annual event, it is a year-round commitment to the future.  The SUN ’n FUN mission is to preserve and enhance the future of flight through world-class events, inspiring and educating people of all ages.  Through the support of benefactors, donors, sponsors, exhibitors and visitors to events, SUN ’n FUN is able to return $1.3m to education programs in Polk County.  Under the umbrella of the Lakeland Aeroclub and the Central Florida Aerospace Academy, students throughout Polk County who maintain at least a 2.75 GPA are eligible for a 75% scholarship for flight lessons.  The other 25% of the cost of flight lessons can be exchanged for volunteer hours by the student.

STEMtastic™ and Destination Aviation week-long educational summer camps offer the experience of flight to youth ages 7-18.  Youth 13-18 control the plane in the air on the fourth day of camp!  Year-round one-day experiences have been created to give working parents an option like no other for their children.  More information about enrollment and fees is available on the website.

The facilities at SUN ’n FUN are being utilized like never before. Community events like Radio Controlled Aircraft competitions (Top Gun, Florida Jets, Monster Planes), Roller Derbies (Lakeland Derby Dames), AKC Dog Shows, Healing Heroes Bike and Car Show (Sons of Anarchy), RV Rallies, Bike Florida, Mud Dogs Tough Mudder, and more are being held throughout the year.  Camping facilities are available year round – some with full hook-ups!

Have you had chills and a heartwarming thrill from volunteering?  SUN ’n FUN needs your skills and dedication and works to honor the volunteers annually who make each event possible.  Sign up on the website to become a new part of the team. You are needed! Click here to sign up to be a volunteer now.

Visit www.sun-n-fun.org for more information about events, programs and enrichment opportunities for your children, grandchildren and neighbors.  Join the team on the grounds in an environment that is uplifting and SAFE AND FUN!

 January
 
 12
 STEMtastic Aviation Education Youth Saturday Camp
 12-19
 3rd Annual “Wings at Sea” 7-night Caribbean Cruise
 26
 SUN 'n FUN International Fly-In & Expo Volunteer Meeting
 
 
 February
 
 9
 STEMtastic Aviation Education Youth Saturday Camp
 18
 STEMtastic Aviation Education Youth Holiday Camp
 23
 SUN 'n FUN International Fly-In & Expo Volunteer Meeting

No comments: