How to Catch a Dog

Some of you know that I believe in the Law of Attraction. And as an animal owner this article made sense to me. Enjoy. 

 

How to Catch a Dog

(or Anything Else You Want)


By Jeannette Maw


Have you heard the colloquialism that a chased dog will always run?  Owners of naughty or adventurous dogs have likely experienced the truth of that!

But it’s not just true for dogs.  Chasing anything will send it running in the opposite direction!

That “graspy” chasing desperate-type energy is not a super attractive vibe.

In fact, I just emailed a family member suggesting he make peace with impending divorce – because clinging to his failing marriage was making his wife want out all the more.

The saying about how a chased dog will always run reminded me of the trick that savvy dog owners use to get a dog on the run to return home.

You simply get in front of the dog so they can see and you run in another direction.

They follow. They can’t help it. Even if they’ve fallen for it a hundred times before, they have to join the running pack leader. It’s what they do.

So instead of chasing stinkerhead Koda through the neighborhood, I know my job is to get in front of him and start running. Neighbors might think I’m nuts as I run barefoot across lawns and down streets in a totally different trajectory than my dog, but that’s okay. This is no time to worry what neighbors think. (Just like in LOA work.)

I get out in front, get his attention, and start running in a direction that leads us home. (Even a big circle works.)

I can run right into the garage or backyard or front door and he gleefully follows.

Unless I turn around to try to catch him. Which sends him in a different direction immediately.

Or if I lose speed, he loses interest. It’s got to be a full on sprint to keep him engaged!

I’ve learned not to look back to make sure he’s following, because a leader of the pack doesn’t wonder about that. I have to run with confidence that he’s right behind me.

And it works like a charm! (I’ve done this with enough foster dogs as well as my own to know its reliability.)


To read the rest, go to http://www.lawofattractionkey.com/3134/how-to-catch-a-dog-or-anything-else-you-want/

Labels: , , , , ,